Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So I came across a youth pastor friend on mine blog the other day (Jason Thompson) and back on October 15th he listed a bunch of quotes from what he calls a "Legendary Football Coach from Notre Dame" Lou Holtz. which I made the comment "You couldnt find a better coach to get quotes from?" So with that being said, here is a bunch of quotes from the greatest coach ever, the General himself. Mr. Bob Knight.

1. All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things.

2.If I came in to recruit your son, I would tell you, your wife, and your son, that I will be the most demanding coach your son can play for.

3. Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.

4. Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win. (aint that the truth)

5. Well, I think it's pretty much established that I just didn't have any interest in coaching in the pros.

6. When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my a**! (My personal favorite)

7. Evervybody hears, but few listen

8. Everyone wants to be on a winning team,but no one wants to come to practice

9. If my primary purpose here at Indiana is to go out and win ballgames, I can probably do that as well as anybody can. I would just cheat, get some money from alot of people around Indianapolis who want to run the operation that way, and just go out and get the best basketball players I can. Then we'd beat everybody

10. People want national championship banners. People want to talk about Indiana being competitive. How do we get there? We don't get there with milk and cookies."

11. I fortunately have never worried about irritating people.

No comments: