Monday, November 17, 2008

Frustrations At Work

As you can probably imagine, working with troubled teens can be somewhat frustrating at times. That became more evident to me today. Without going into specifics or names (of course I could get fired for that), I have figured out the one thing that is truly most frustrating about my job. After you put so much time and energy into a relationship with a resident at work, you then hear the words you never want to hear come out of their mouth. "Staff here don't care about me!" Usually this comes in different forms such as "Staff don't give a f*#% about me." or "Staff don't give a s%&* about me." (The first is probably the one I get the most) With a job like this I just have to realize it is all part of what I do, but that becomes hard at times especially with those that seem to have potential and you do have a relationship with.

No comments: