Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Best Sports Movie Quotes

So I am following up with a new quote list after my Bob Knight list. This time it is my favorite sports movie quotes. You dont have to agree with them, but remember, these are the best. Some are funny and some are serious, but the last few come from the greatest sports movie ever created. By the way, there are not quotes from Rudy. A movie that lame doesnt deserve to be put on my list.

"All right, men, now here's the play we're gonna use. I don't think the guards know this formation. It's called 'incidental punishment after the ball is blown dead.' Remember, any man you tackle gets an elbow, knee or kick in the mouth."
The Longest Yard

"Juuuust a bit outside!"
Major League

"Mike Eruzione! Winthrop, Massachusetts! I play for the United States of America!"
Miracle
I hate hockey, but that sent sivers up my spine

"If you build it, he will come."
Field of Dreams

"So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."
Caddyshack

"I must break you."
Rocky IV
I love telling kids at work this.

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
Dodgeball

"People say that it can't work, black and white; well, here we make it work, every day. We have our disagreements, of course, but before we reach for hate, always, always, we remember the Titans."
Remember the Titans

"520? You get 400 for just spelling your name correctly."
Blue Chips

"Dodgeball is a sport of violence, exclusion and degradation."
Dodgeball

"Just a reminder, fans, about Die-Hard Night coming up here at the stadium. Free admission to anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won a pennant."
Major League

"I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure."
Chariots of Fire

"In case you haven't noticed — and, judging by the attendance, you haven't — the Indians have managed to win a few here and there and are threatening to climb out of the cellar."
Major League

"Look, mister, there's two kinds of dumb. Uh, guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with."
Hoosiers

"If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says. At the end of the game, in my book, we're gonna be winners."
.Hoosiers

"I'll make it."
Hoosiers
The amazing thing about the scene in this movie is that he did make it on the first shot when shooting this scene.

"Welcome to Indiana basketball"
Hoosiers

No comments: