Sunday, November 30, 2008

Memories of 2008/ New York

As the year is coming to an end, I will be taking a look back at some things that happened mainly in my life but maybe a couple of other events as well. Most of you know it has been a rough year but I am focusing on the good things that happened. These are in no specific order. Infact the first is probablyone of my favorites.

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

So I was just going to take Emma to go out and see her Aunt LeeAnn in Delaware. I just wanted to pick a time that we could go see a Yankee game since they are tearing down Yankee Stadium and this would be my last chance to see a game there. This was my second trip to the stadium. As I am looking at the schedule I got pumped because the time we would be out there, the Red Sox were in town. Not only that but it was the last time that the Red Sox would play at Yankee Stadium. Things looked bleak for the Yankees early in the game as they feel behind. However, the game went into extra innings and Jason Giambi hit a game winning, walk off single up the middle to drive in the winning run.
It was great to go see Yankee Stadium one last time. Thanks to my sister once again for buying the tickets for us. I know the only reason she bought the tickets so that I would bring Emma out to see her, but I still appreciate it. Here are some pictures of that great day.




Just think if there was drinking in the bleachers of Yankee Stadium





Former Bethel Student Justin Masterson pitching for the Red Sox. The only bad thing about this game was that he did get the loss for the Red Sox.

No comments: