Monday, January 26, 2009

Today in History

Alright since no one gave me any good ideas on what to do for post number 100 I will do the same old same old and give you this day in History. Here we go...

1988 The Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Phantom of the Opera," the longest-running show in Broadway history, opened at the Majestic Theater in New York.
1996 First lady Hillary Rodham Clinton testified before a grand jury connected to the Whitewater probe.
1998 President Bill Clinton denied having an affair with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, telling reporters, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

And to think, people now consider him a good president
2001 An earthquake hit the Indian subcontinent, killing more than 13,000 people.
2003 - In Berlin, Lindsay Benko broke the 400 freestyle world record. She became the first to go under the four-minute mark (3 minutes, 59.53 seconds). This is my claim to faim here. I can actually say I was on a swimmteam with a world record holder and a gold medalist. Not that she would remember me but i think it is cool.
2005 Condoleezza Rice was sworn in as secretary of state.

No comments: