Monday, April 13, 2009

Cubs vs. Brewers



What better way to celebrate Easter Sunday than by going to a Cubs/Brewers. This was my first time watching a game at Miller Park. It was also the first time that I have seen a game indoors. First off, just because a game is indoors, doesnt mean that you will stay warm. Where are seats were located, it was very cold.

Also, who in the world picked the seat location for the stadium? We were right next to the slide that Bernie the Brewer slides down on after a Brewers Home Run. This slide blocked out the hole right field and center field from view. We were unable to see two huge plays in the game. The first being the lead off home run by Cubs outfielder Alfanso Soriano, we were not able to see where the ball landed in behind the center field wall. The second was that we were unable to see this play in right field:
Durring the game I am getting messages saying that it was the greatest catch people had seen and that I was lucky t be there. All I could say is i couldnt see it. Heres why:

But this view isnt so bad:

Also for being known for its Sauseage Race and haveing good tasting sausages, their Brats were not that good at the ball park. I was disapointed to say the least.


But over all, it was a great time with 5 other guys from my church. We had a great time and great discussions on the way to the game and durring the game (I said great discussions, not in-depth). Where else besides church can you get friends ranging in age from a high school junior to Empty nest fathers to go to a ball game together? Not only that, but I also got to knock another park off my list of ball park to visit. It wasnt Wrigley Field (although Cub fans do like to call it Wrigley North), but I would go back up there again without hesitation. After all, the Cubs did win the game. And nothing beats singing "Go Cubs Go" and holding up the W flag after a Cubs win especially at a rivals stadium!!! (By the way, who cares about getting back home at 4:15 am and having to work at 6:00?)

No comments: